13 December 2005

It was lost under my bed!

So this scarf has an embarassing story.

I started knitting it during my sophomore year of college (nearly two years ago) for my dad's 49th birthday. Shortly after I started working on it, I sliced my thumb open in a dramatic accident with a knife while working at Subway. So, on his birthday, I showed him the half-finished scarf and said I'd finish it when I got all of the bandages off of my thumb.

Well, that never happened. I've looked at this scarf with guilt a few times over the past year and a half, and I finally picked it back up for Thanksgiving. I needed something that I could knit that was not going to be a Christmas present for anyone present at Thanksgiving dinner. Remembering the cable pattern was worrysome at first, but it all worked out in the end.

But I still haven't gotten around to fringing it.... ooops.

cabledscarf

Back in the day, I used to use Lion Brand yarn for EVERYTHING. I don't know why. I think many new knitters go through an acrylic phase. This was made using Lion Brand Wool-Ease Worsted Weight in the color "wheat", I believe... I knit it in the round on size 8s which made the cable pattern VERY easy. While working on Becca's hat the other day, I was perplexed that I had to turn around and purl the back of the cable, and then I remembered that the last time I'd done a cable was overly simplified...

As far as Christmas knitting goes, I think I'm in okay shape:

Mom - half done
Emily - done
Becca - done, and blocking currently
Dad - still looking for a pattern
Grandma - haha, haven't even thought of what to make or what yarn to use!

At least I still have a week and a half....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home